Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013



So things here have been pretty good. Not a lot has happened this week with Easter. Although a few interesting things did happen.
Last week we met a guy named Larry Scott. I don't know if you have ever heard of him but he's a famous bodybuilder. He was the first person to ever win Mr. America, Universe and Olympia. His wife said Mr. Olympia was started because the guy who started it wanted to see him compete again. He was a pretty cool guy, and even though he was old he was still super ripped! Apparently he was the first person in body builder history to have 20 inch biceps. His handshake was crazy strong. The coolest part though was when he said that all that(his awards, winning and titles) were nothing compared to being a member of the Church. It was one of the most amazing things I've heard. I mean this guy was Arnold before Arnold was Arnold and he said it was worthless compared to being LDS. Quite an eye opener.
At church on Sunday we were told by a Ward Mission Leader of a house that we should go visit. He said the he was a Fundamentalist and former polygamist from Colorado City. When we went over there yesterday we found out that the former part wasn't so former. One of the women was pretty nice and actually conversed with us but the other one was pretty rude. She wouldn't respond to our questions and kept telling us she wasn't interested even though we were just trying to make conversation. I thought it was a pretty funny experience. Polygamists living in my area. It's pretty exciting compared to what else goes on around here.
Other than those couple things, the work here has been pretty much the same as always. Giving lessons to people and what not. We have a couple baptisms scheduled for a few weeks from now. They are next transfer though so I may not be here. We will see when the time comes I guess. We have a few new investigators that we are going to start teaching so I'm excited for that.

That's about all I have to write about or at least all that I can remember. I didn't bring my journal with me today so I can't take stuff out of that.

Love,

Elder Ervin

No comments:

Post a Comment